Need more reasons to enroll?
• You don’t need to take additional steps to meet the health care law coverage standards.
• Medical care rated among the best in the U.S.
Immediate benefits of health care coverage. Veterans can apply for VA health care enrollment at any time.
• No enrollment fee, monthly premiums or deductibles. Most veterans have no out-of-pocket costs. Some veterans may have to pay small copayments for health care or prescription drugs.
• More than 1,200 VA medical facilities available to get your care. This means your coverage can go with you if you travel or move.
• Freedom to use other plans with your VA health care, including Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE or private insurance.
• Enrolled veterans who are travelling or spending time away from their preferred facility can obtain care at any VA health care facility across the country without having to reapply.
• Under VA’s medical benefits package, the same medical benefits are generally available to all enrolled veterans.
VA HEALTH CARE
Quickly find out if you may be eligible for enrollment. Use the3 online VA Health Benefits Explorer at hbexplorer.vacloud.us to answer a few questions about yourself and learn about the VA health care benefits you could receive as an enrolled veteran. Afterward, you will be given an opportunity to apply for enrollment. If you wish, you can skip the Explorer and simply apply for enrollment using one of the options below.
• Telephone: Veterans can complete applications for enrollment in VA health care by telephone. To apply, call (877) 222 8387, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. VA staff members will collect the needed information and process the application for an enrollment determination.
• Online: Veterans can fill out the application online at Vets.gov. and electronically submit it to VA for processing. VA will search for your supporting documentation through its electronic information systems and contact you if it is unable to verify your military service. For help filling out the application, call (877) 222-8387, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
• Mail: The application form can be downloaded from www.vets.gov/healthcare/apply/. Mail the completed and signed form to: Health Eligibility Center, Enrollment Eligibility Division, 2957 Clairmont Road, Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30329-1647.
• In person: You can apply at any VA health care facility.
You select where you want to receive your care. As part of the enrollment process, Veterans will be given the opportunity to select the VA Medical Center or Community Based Outpatient Clinic where they prefer to be seen. To find a facility near you, visit VA’s directory at www.va.gov/directory.
The information is from the 2018 Edition, Vol. 1, Health Care Benefits Overview. If you have any questions, call the Veterans Affairs Office at (800) 827-1000.